This is a getting started guide to ProxyEG the VMware version
- After downloading the appliance from proxyeg.com, extract the zip file, you will find two files, ProxyEG.ovf and ProxyEG-1.vmdk
Login to VMware ESXi web interface.
Click (Create /Register VM) then choose (Deploy a virtual machine from OVF or OVA file)
- Click next, and upload both the OVF and the VMDK file extracted.
- Click next, then choose your datastore
- Click next, then tune your VM network configuration
- Click next, and review your deployment configuration, if everything is fine, click finish.
- Go to the VM page and power it on
login using default username and password
proxyeg, then type IP a to show address (on the line after
If you cannot find your IP, because for example you do not use DHCP for your installation, you can manually configure your network editing /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/eth0 using nano text editor, or you can configure it with nmtui-edit.
- After editing your connection, pressing OK and quit, you can reconnect using
nmcli connection up eth0
- ping your gateway to check if you are successfully connected
ping 10.0.0.1 # or whatever is your gateway IP address